Wanna tell K-Mart what you think? Try this website.

Hey Bruce !

Next time leave an URL or somethin...these guys'll really think were unedjumicated dum dums if we do posts like THIS!...LOL

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

Oh Gawd!! The OZ boys broke into the Foster's! Look at 'em over there, positively giddy.

Whats the URL, Bruce?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Ah put url in my car evey tree tousand mahles. It's a leaky ol' thang, so's Ah jest keep addin'. Don't need to change me no filter.

Anyway, I've sent stuff to K-Mart and Rosie with no response. The Freep had a blurb that I noticed on the front page something about K-Mart not going to dump Rosie, butI never expected them to. Who needs K-Mart?

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arms reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Who needs K-Mart?

Not I.

Wal-Mart has the same stuff, better prices, and isn't hypocritical about guns. I'll go in and buy 4 550-count boxes of .22LR and 2 100-count boxes of 12-gauge, and the only comments from the employees and other shoppers are along the lines of "Going shooting this weekend, eh?"

Economic votes are way more effective than letters and phone calls. When K-Mart sees their bottom line dropping by a third, maybe they'll wake up.

------------------
How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day?
I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it.
--Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"

Coinneach is right.
Although all those big discount stores do have the same practice of moving in and driving out local businesses.

Wal-Mart (at least here in Calif) tend to keep 30-40 miles between diff stores and they do get locally involved. K-marts are in every adjoining town. When Wal-mart moved in here 2 local K-marts went under within 2 years (Yay!).

As well, Wal-mart doesn't editorialize when you buy ammo or gun related stuff. While not a big deal, I do dislike Wal-marts policy of having to pay for ammo at the sporting good's register and then having to leave the store. The result being you either make 2 trips to the parking lot or annoy the sporting goods cashier who has to ring up your whole cart or stuff when you only got a few boxes of ammo :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

DC,

Last weekend, I bought a brick of shells, a shirt, and a pair of slacks. Paid for all of it at the front register, without having to make a second trip.

(shrug) Probably a local thing. You might want to ask the manager about that.

The cashier sighed when she saw the shells. I immediately tensed up, anticipating trouble. She saw the tension, and said, "No, it's just that these things are heavy, and my wrists aren't real strong. I wouldn't work here if I didn't like guns and ammo."

I grinned for the rest of the day.

------------------
How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day?
I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it.
--Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"

I don't have to make two trips at my local Wal-mart either. But they won't sell ammo after 2100 hours (9PM) though.
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Back