Walther PPK / Corbon ?

JIM 1

Inactive
I have carried a ss Walther PPK for over two years. After an initial break in period, polishing the feed ramp, and switching to the hotter .380 Corbon load, it's gone over 2K rounds without a hiccup.

The problem..When racking the slide to unload the chamber, I have had the bullet separate from the case, dumping powder in my gun, and a stuck bullet in the barrel. This has happened on four different occasions, with different lots of Corbon ammo. Gun clean or just fired.(gun is kept spotless and properly lubed)

Could this be an extractor problem? Cycled rounds have a rough spot on the case rim, and fired cases all have the same small dent.

Could this be a weak crimp problem?

Any experiences with mods to the PPK, trigger work, reliability, sights, etc?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance....

JIM 1

Interesting... It sounds like a problem with the chamber, or the Corbon bullet is longer or not seated as deep as standard ammo. From your description, it appears that the round is being forced into the rifling when chambering. That could likely result in a failure to go fully into battery at some point. I'd be interested if other ammo does the same thing, if so I'd suspect that the chamber is not cut correctly.

It's possible the offending rounds were cycled by hand several times..

Wonder if that could have weakened the crimp.
Again, it was only four out of ~2K rounds.

Any experiences with mods to the PPK, trigger work, reliability, sights, etc?

JIM 1

Back