Walther PPK 32

944turbo

Inactive
Has anyone bought one of the new 32 PPKs? Do they function well? Not sure why I want one, but have seen them for 319 and it will scratch an itch I've had for awhile.

I bought a stainless PPK in .32 caliber a few months ago just for the heck of it. It was new and a guy gave me a good price on it. I have only taken it to the range once but while I was there I shot about fifty rounds of S&B FMJ and about that many Fiocchi hollow points through it without a hitch, accuracy was good. Recoil was light.
I didn't buy it for carry, I just wanted it for a toy. I don't regret the purchase.

My new ppk 32 has performed without a malfunction using 4 different brands of ball ammunition. Do not trust hollow points in anything less than a deer rifle.

Six Months, 1000 rounds, no malfunctions of any kind. I bought it for the romance factor but have really come to respect it.

------------------
TJS

The Walther PP and PPK were designed around the .32 cartridge. The .380 was never considered a good choice, even by Walther, until it was forced on them by GCA 68 (more points) and then by the idea that a .32 was a harmless toy that could never harm anyone. I have not bought a new .32, but I just might.

Jim

P.S. (I once carried a .32 S&W HE, and when derided by another deputy about the tiny little bullets, I suggested he stand there while I put a "tiny" bullet in his eyeball. He chose not to accept the offer.)

Jim

Back