Walther PPK .32,War Production, are they hard to find? Help Please!

45automan

Hey guys I am going nuts here:( I saw a Walther PPK .32 in a shop. I wrongfully identified it as being the size of a Beretta Tomcat .32 It is in fact bigger than that and a PPK. Anyway it is $400. It is war production. This shop is constanly higher on all guns out of all shops in my area. Now are these hard to find? I have never activly pursued one before. It was just THERE right in front of my face. Now the holidays are upon us. So theres gifts to buy yadda yadda:( :(
I have already hit my brother up for more money than I care to count. My credit cards are maxed. So should I just save up and if it's there buy it? Will I be able to find one for this price? The gun is in ok shape,the right side of the slide has some slight surface rust. It looks like it will come off with a good cleaning though. Thanks for any help guys,45automan

If it is a wartime PPK and is military issue then it will have an eagle over the letters and numbers Waa359 on the left side of the slide and frame. It should also have greenish grey grips instead of the normal brown or black. The finish will not be that great anyway even if it is in mint condition because it is wartime production which is usually not as nice as prewar production. I have one of these and paid probably a little more for it over 10 years ago than what I believe it is worth now. I think these are going for the $600-$700 range in excellent condition. Now if there are no markings on the slide and frame as I mentioned above then it is probably a civilian model. These I've seen for around $450 in excellent condition. Thats also with brown or black, usually brown, grips. If you want to have an idea when it was made then look at the chamber and just below the ejection port for the proof mark. If it is a crown over N, then it was produced before April 1, 1940, if it is an eagle over N, then it was produced after April 1, 1940. If there is an eagle over F on the frame below the mag release instead of nothing or the emblem I described above then it is a Police issue model. There are so many different emblems and models that some are still, to this day, unknown what to mean. I've studied alot about the Walther PP series of pistols. I like to believe that I know quite abit more than most on these pistols because I love them so much. If you have any further questions then feel free to e-mail me. Good luck!

Oh BTW...most of these will be in .32 ACP. If you ever find one in 22LR (somewhat rare), .25ACP (very rare and very expensive), or .380ACP (rare also) then grap them up! Very collectiable.

Back