Walther PP 7.65mm (Information Please)

vikingboy

Inactive
I have a Walther PP 7.65mm. The serial number is 100XXXP. The proof mark is a pentagon-shaped crown over N. It is not the normal crown over N. The safety slide moves 60 degrees (not 90). Does anyone have information about this gun?

I don't recall any noticeably different crowns and I think any difference is only a matter of a stamp variation. The PP/PPK had only the crown/N and the eagle/N in their production lives. That gun would date to 1938.

Jim

To clarify, I was referring to the pre-1945 (pre- and during WWII) proof marks; post-war proof marks have an eagle, but of a very different style from the Nazi eagle.

Sorry for any confusion.

Jim

Walther PP

Thanks for the additional information. I learned how to field strip the gun today. It appears to be clean and in fine working order. With some minor pitting on the blued surface, do you have a ballpark idea about the retail value of the gun?

I think we would have to see some good pictures to give a valid evaluation. An average pre-war commerical PP in 7.65mm (.32 ACP) with no special markings and a non-numbered mag would go for around $600-700. Sometimes I see inflated values quoted, but the trouble with buying at those prices is that there can be a rude awakening if one then wants to sell.

Jim

Back