Walther P99 with AGrip

Mr. Pub

I just put AGrip on my P99 QA and I really like it.

I used the HK USP model of AGrip as there is no P99 version as of now. The changes I had to make included cutting two wedge shaped notches on both sides of the bottom of the back side of the grip. It ended up looking like a fan or bird tail. This was to compensate for the way the P99 grip tapers off near the bottom (unlike the USP). I also trimmed off the part that stuck up under the slide release.

That was about it. Feels good. For those who don't know what Agrip is, its a velvet like material that you wrap around your grip (held by stickey layer), that doesn't add any width to your grip. It provides a good griping surface when wet and it doesn't stick to your cloths when drawing from a holster. Below is the web page for Agrip.

http://www.brookstactical.com/

Another good product is the Derma-Grip by Walther. Heat shrinkable, you just drop it into place and shrink it until it follows the exact contours of the grip. Doesn't add to the grip size either, and since it shrinks it should fit a lot of different guns. Plus with the Derma-Grip you wouldn't have had to make modifications... ;) (Well, you would have had to cut off the excess at the bottom though.)

Tony

They don't seem to have the derma-grip at the U.S. Walther web site. I saw it on the German one. What is the texture of it? Rubber like? Velvet?

It feels a bit like skateboard tape, but not quite as rough (IIRC, I don't handle skateboard tape often...). Gives the grip some more friction, which it IMHO needs.

Derma grip

I tried the derma grip. Got it from Earl's. My hands are dry and smooth. thought the derma would be great. I could get a good positive grip but it had sharp spots. I didn't like it much and finally threw it away. About $40 with shipping if I remember right.

Get the AGrip. Its a delight to hold and it helps to make my P99 .40, have less felt recoil than my old Glock 23.

You do have to modify the HK USP version as described above.

Yeah, so does Brookstactical and brooks doesn't spam the boards like bestdefense.com. Buy direct from brooks and cut out the middleman.

Back