Walther P99 vs. H&K USP -opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irfan

Can you compare Walther P99 to H&K USP (both in 9mm)? I think that both are great pistols, but I also want to hear your opinion:

-Which one of these two pistols is more accurate?
-Which one is more durable?
-Which one is more rust resistant?

And the biggest question is:
-Which one is better pistol? (your opinion)

Well, I can give my opinion on the 40 cal: I have the P99 in 40 and the USP Compact 40.

I like the HK better. The trigger pull is smoother and more conducive to accurate shooting. While the Walther felt more comfortable in my hand when just holding it, the HK felt better when I was actually shooting. I like the manual safety to carry cocked and locked.

I like both guns, but if I could only keep one, I'd keep the HK.

The Walther is a good gun.
German and all... but with a wuss little plastic guide rod. So I would question it's long term ability. Also, it doesnt have the internal recoil buffing system like the HK... The operation is different than most guns, or almost anyother gun... Where the HK uses a system thats almost in our Gentic-Memory for US shooters. The HK was tested perhaps more vigorously than any other pistol... And the USP is related in no way what so ever to Smith & Wesson. So, with those factors in mind - I would still have to suggest the HK.
;)

------------------
Not all Liberals are annoying... Some are Dead.
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

I have decided to part with my P99 in 9mm. The gun has all the great features, but is very AMMO sensitive. Unlike my Glock 17 which is true Combat Tupperware.

The P-99 seems a little more delicate, er...slightly less rugged. I have always thought Walther to be of slightly higher quality (i.e., closer tolerances) than HK or SIG which is what I look for when buying their products.

- Ron V.

------------------

Sold the P99 today. Glad to get rid of it.
Nice finish, nice gun, nice features. But lack the reliability to feed a variety of ammo. It is delicated alright. I have never had ammo problem with SIG. So I must respectively diagree with the "Walther has higher quailty than SIG" statment. What is your definition of "quality" just looks? If it doesn't go bang!!!, looking good is not "quality".

Well, my definition of high quality is tight tolerances yet function 100%. My P-99 has functioned without a hitch as has the 226 (i.e., no feed/eject problems). I did have a frame failure with the SIG though (which SIG replaced with a brand new gun). Certainly, if I were given a choice to pick 1 gun it would be a toss-up between the 226/0 and the USP9/45.

Not all of my guns have to be 100% reliable with every brand and type of ammo. I keep guns for collecting and their different designs and engineering. They all shot copper coated lead down a tube but each one accomplishes it in a different way.

- Ron V.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back