Walther P99 Carry

hube1236

I am expecting the carry permit for a few days now, but want to know does any body carry this piece? If so, is it in SA or DA. Would anybody conceive of carrying in SA.

This is not a request for commentary on my personal choice of weaponry, but a tactical question for us fans of Carl.

I can't help it. The P99 is a phenomenal gun. One of my favorites. That being said...

While I alternate between carrying various guns, I do carry the Walther on occassion. Either in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick IWB (easy to put on and take off), or in a leather Desantis (more comfortable, but must remove the belt to remove). When I do carry, it's either with the pipe empty or with the pipe full but the gun decocked. I've never carried it in SA mode. Remember that the P99 has that weird trigger that looks like it's in DA mode but is actually in SA mode when you first cock it!

Please check out the trigger pull if you intend to use the P99 as your carry weapon. Mine is not dependable, and at times the trigger will not release in the rear most position.It also hangs up on occasion before the trigger starts to the rear.A little wiggle of the trigger is needed to get it started .Not a carry gun to be sure.

Hube,
When I had mine, I carried it in the DA mode with a round chambered. I think that this mode would be best, given the holster you have.;) BTW, how do you like it?????

[Edited by denfoote on 12-03-2000 at 01:08 AM]

I don't carry my p99, but if I did it would be in double action. I carry a 1911 cocked & locked and have never had any problems...and I sleep good at night.

Dennis

The Hip Holster is okay, I can not get the tightness down. Good for range use. The IWB is a beautiful thing.

Hube

Glad to hear it.:) Enjoy!!!!:D
I never figured out what that SA mode on the P99 did. I came to the conclusion that it was there just because "they could do it". An added "feature" to justify jacking up the price a little bit!!;)

I carry my Walther in a belt slide with one in the pipe and the trigger decocked for DA mode. I feel perfectly comfortable with it in that mode.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

P99 QA and P990?

Ok this may be a dumb question but i am getting confused. By carring it in DA mode, you have the round chambered but the firing pin is depressed (the hammer is down), correct?

What are the differences in the QA and the P990 from the P99. I have a USf 40 and I really like the size and feel for the Walther for a carry gun. I came from Walthers home page and got more confused?

Any help?

I carry the P99, one in the chamber and decocked, in an Alessi Talon Plus and Spark VersaMax2.....Regards, Dan in GA

I carry my Walther P99 9mm in a Galco belt slide. If I'm gonna have a striker fired pistol, make mine the Walther. Consistent shooter, accurate, and I love the manual of arms.

I fear no one.

Except maybe an escaped Grizzly Bear from the zoo.

Back