Walther P99 Accuracy Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipper

I'm new to shooting, and I have a P99 and a HK USP Compact, both in 40 cal. I shoot very accurately with the HK, but the Walther seems to shoot low and to the left. I suspect that the Walther's funky trigger pull may be causing me to pull down just before firing. The HK seems much smoother to me.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'm particularly interested in what any P99 users have experienced. If I find that the trigger is just too weird, I may sell the P99 and get a different gun.

Also, would a gunsmith be able to make the trigger smoother?

Thanks

The P99 is an excellent firearm. My 40 cal also shot left. This can be fixed by adjusting the rear sight several clicks. The elevation problem can be fixed by replacing the front sight with one that is slightly shorter. You should have several front sights in your gunbox if you purchased the Walther new. It's simple to replace (one allen screw). Check your owners manual for detailed instructions. The single action trigger pull of the Walther should not be causing the problem however the double action pull might. Experiment some and you should be able to sort it out. If you get rid of the gun at this point in time you will probably be sorry latter. Try letting someone else shoot it and compare accuracy. Good luck and let us know.

I got a trigger job done on my Walther P99 9mm, since even in single action mode, it was too heavy, causing me trouble shooting accurately. With the lighter single action (and lighter double action as well), I shoot a lot better with it, matching the accuracy of my P7M13. Only $60 for the job at a local gunsmith (Tugwell Custom, Santa Ana, CA., 714 542-0818).
I got it down to about 4.5 lbs pull, but now wish I had asked for even lighter pull! Oh well...

I have a Walther P99 9mm and the accuracy is great. It did take a few clips to get used to the long trigger pull. I think that this gun feels and shoots superbly.

However, I am having some trouble finding ammunition that the barrel will accept. Is anyone else having this problem?

My gun will accept any Winchester ammo, and a select few others. Many of the premium ammo (CorBon, MagSafe, Gold Dot, etc.) do not fit in the barrel completely and jam badly.

Am I the only one with this weird Walther problem or is it a design problem?

Thanks,
JLH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back