WALTHER P99-9mm

DUDE

I AM INTERESTED IN A WALTHER P99-9mm. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANY ONE THAT HAS ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS GUN.

I own several SIG's and a Walther P99. Without a doubt it is my favorite. I love shooting it. I've put over 1300 rounds through it. The only time it malfed was when a buddy tried to shoot some lead reloads that looked like they came from an antique store. That was about 700 or so rounds ago. No malfunctions since. I do alot of friendly competitive style shooting on steel. There is alot of fast paced shooting going on. The gun performs flawlessly. I haven't done a thorough cleaning of the weapon since I bought it. Mainly to see how it will function. It's a very accurate and well balanced pistol. It just feels right. I would prefer the Walther over the Smith. The Germans invented it, let them build it.

P.S. Go with the 9mm instead of the 40. Cheaper to shoot, less recoil and less abuse on the gun. If I'm not mistaken the gun was originally chambered for the 9 and then scaled up for the 40. I've heard of a P99 that has fired well over 15,000 rounds without breakage. I cannot confirm the validity of the claim but this range guy who owns it is adamantly in favor of the 9.

Well, they're expensive, often seen in 007 films, and very difficult to fill to their designed capacity of ammunition due to lack of pre-bans. Magazine release is weird to me, don't like the little speed bump inside the trigger guard. Maybe I'm just too accustomed to Glock, 1911, Sig.
And what's up with Pierce Brosnan's funky holding-the-wrist shooting technique in the latest 007? Just more Hollywood fakery, I surmise, but it upset me every time I saw that. Didn't know whether to laugh or mutter expletives under my breath. Notice that Bond ends up killing more people not with his Walther but a 1911.

Buy the P99!!!! It is without a doubt the BEST handgun made in the world today(sorry Glock :( ) It is expensive ,but well worth it. I would buy the 9mm. It is the original German round, and the gun was designed for it. The pistol as well as spare magazines can be purchased through Earl's Repair Shop in Tewksbury MA.
Their fax number is:[978] 851 9462.
Their e-mail is: waltherusa@mediaone.net
Their phone number is:[978] 851 2656

Now go buy that toy!! :)

[This message has been edited by denfoote (edited December 10, 1999).]

KY Imports also had 16 rnd P-99 mags for sale.
I decided to scale down my collection to the two I actually use and they were the P-99/9mm
and H&K P7.

I love the P-99,it has a very short trigger reset and with a little pratice can be fired very,very fast.

YO,Sig,
Define mass_hole.
If It's what I think it is,yes I hate Glocks!
Yes, I think that the P99 is the best da-- gun in the world !!!!!
I am from Phoenix.
Yes,I still would tell the lad to empty his mind of all thoughts of Glock, and BUY, BUY the Walther :)

[This message has been edited by denfoote (edited December 11, 1999).]

I haven't been able to find the P99 in my area--only the SW99 (which the shop swears is the same as the P99, except for appearance--like I believe that!) for $640.
What are some prices you guys have seen on the P99? Also, what is the process for ordering a firearm from out of state (i.e. Earl's), and having it shipped to a local dealer?
What is a reasonable handling fee for a shop to charge?

Tango

Dear Tango,
The process as I understand it is:
1) You must meet all legal requirements for purchase in your state.

2)Make arrangments with an FFL holder in your state to receive the weapon. Usually most gun shops will charge a percenage of the total cost of the gun for this service. 10% is not unreasonable.

3)Contact the out of state dealer and place your order. Be sure to give them the name ,address,and phone of your local gun shop,as they will need to send a signed copy of their FFL to the out of state dealer. Be sure to pay for your gun! Total cost will include handeling fees,tax,and shipping costs

4) Sit back and anticapate the arrival of your new toy :)

5) Now sally forth and join the ranks of those who own the best--- Walther!!

Nah Denfoote. You mentioned a place in Tewksbury, MA right up the street from me.

A MASS_HOLE is a compound word derived from:
1. MASS stands for Massachusetts (resident)
2. HOLE stands for A$$HOLE because all of us are. Hence the creation of MASS_HOLE.

My B. But it doesn't stand for a Glock hater. I love Da' Glizock.

"GET RID OF THAT NICKEL PLATED SISSY PISTOL AND GET YOURSELF A GLOCK" Tommy Lee Jones

[This message has been edited by SIG (edited December 12, 1999).]

I shot the S&W 99 and it felt, well, cheap. It did function but then so do most Yugo car doors. I would hope the Walther would "feel" better. My $.02.

Back