walther p1

woody wood

I have a walther p1 made 3/77 ,cross pin,and is in unfired condition. ive had it for 5 years and have not fired it. bought it for $350. any type of investment, should I shoot it? kind of want to? if so anything to keep in mind. I hear not to use hot loads?

Since they dropped a bunch of real P38s on the market a couple years ago the P1 market is a little soft, I'm sure you'll get your money back, but as far as a investment I wouldn't hold my breath. If it were mine I'd shoot it keep to standard pressure 115s like Winchester white box and it'll be fine.

Shoot it, enjoy it. A gun that can't be shot for fear of deprecation is worthless!!!!
Hey, maybe I should make that my second rule!:D:D:D

kind of what I was thinking-she will be a shooter-- got some 124g American eagle or just stick to 115g? I do reload so any good pet loads?

Yeah, I'd shoot it too. Collector value is the last thing to worry about now, just make sure it's in good shooting condition and use value pack FMJ.

And if you want to play a belated April Fool's joke on someone, have him stand to your left as you begin shooting! :D

You may be able to get a 22 conversion unit for it. They don't fit the steel frame Wehrmacht models, alas.

what is this "selling a gun" you're talking about?

There comes a time in life that you realize you don't have that much longer to go and either you having no heirs or having uninterested heirs, you decide to "unload" and not leave a big problem for your widow.:D:D

Back