Walther Model 5? Need help I.D'ing gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal94gt50

Inactive
My G/F and I were cleaning her parents house, and we came across this pistol. I've been hunting online and as best as I can tell, it is a model 5, but there were two variations of it, and it doesn't perfectly match either.

I'm hoping to get a positive I.D. on this pistol, and a place to acquire the few parts it's missing.

Thanks a lot!!

Will

Attachments

• gun3.jpg
    gun3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 146
  • gun4.jpg
    gun4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 113
  • gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 109
Sheesh good luck on finding a locking ring or whatever it uses to retain the barrel and spring. Maybe Numrich or something. Shame that such a part is missing as they don't grow on trees.....

It is actually a Model 5 with the narrow slide serrations. The Model 2 had wide serrations and an "automatic" rear sight that popped up when the gun was cocked.

It is missing the barrel bushing and recoil spring bushing. Both are hard to get but may be obtainable.

The recoil spring bushing fits around the rear of the recoil spring and helps keep the slide in place until it and the spring are removed from the front. It also prevents the rear of the recoil spring from being seen through the ejection port, so its absence is easily noticed.

Gun Parts Corp (www.gunpartscorp.com) has after-market magazines; the Model 2 and Model 5 magazines are the same.

Jim

I still have to recoil spring bushing (pretty sure that's what it is. It slides onto the barrel ahead of the spring, its metal) I just had it out in the pictures.

Any idea on where to obtain a barrel bushing? The lock tab is still on the slide for it.

What's with the threads on the barrel, is that a home-done hack job for something else?

Upon disassembly I also found a broken firing pin. I found a website (gunsprings.com) that lists the recoil spring and pin, for $7.99 Has anyone dealt with them?

Thanks a ton!! I really want to get this put together as it looks like a fun little pistol.

Will

[I found a website (gunsprings.com) that lists the recoil spring and pin, for $7.99 Has anyone dealt with them?]

For extremely hard-to-get parts, beggars can't be choosers.

Take a chance - call it an $8 lottery ticket. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back