Walther Model 2

Strayhorn

Friends -

I have come across a Walther Model 2 handgun that I'm seeking a value for.

It's in good condition overall. The blue is gone completely from the slide, but there is no rust or pitting. The bore is good, no pitting, with sharp rifling. Stampings on the slide, both sides, are clear. (Zella-St.Blasii)

Serial number - on right side of trigger guard - is 38138. Four grooves of rifling. It's a later Model 2, without the loaded chamber indicator.

Grips are in good condition with sharp checkering and no splits or cracks. Frame still has 98 percent of the blueing, no rust or pitting even under the grips.

Previous owner indicated this was a World War One relic - I have no reason to disbelieve him, he's been square with me previously.

Several sources vary wildy in their estimates, I was hoping that folks here would have a better idea of current market.

Thanks!

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

They made that gun from 1909 to 1913, so the WWI story would be consistent. The Blue Book shows a top (100% condition) value of $425, 90% at $225, and 60% at $125. Yours sounds like it would be in the lower range.

Those prices are pretty much in line with what I have seen. Those little guns are scarce, but don't seem to get much collector interest, at least in the U.S.

Jim

Back