Walther 22 Mark number???

Grant 14

I have a very old Walther single shot 22, heavy barrel, Mauser 98 style safety, rather plain wood stock. I dont know how to post photos (one of my great frustrations is computers), but what I am looking for is a recommendation for early Walther parts. I have searched the internet to my ability and not found much. I had always assumed that it was a Model V but I did run across a photo that suggests that it is a Model 4. What I would hope to find is an extractor. It has a shop made extractor now that is fine with sub sonic ammo, but gives case rim bulge with normal high speed ammo. I worry that someone will put some hot 22 ammo in it and cause a burst case and eye damage. Any advice is welcome. Thanks, Grant.

You think computers are frustrating, try searching for parts for old rifles all the time. No help here, just look at the usual sources (Numrich, Jack First, eBay).

Thanks guys, I thought I would give it a try here. I have searched Numrich, Jack First Ebay and some other odd sites and found nothing. My dad took it in on a trade in the 60s and could not find an extractor. He gave it to me when I was in high school and he had retired from gunsmithing. I took it to school and went to a gun shop near school and the old boy hand made me an extractor, but it bulges the hotter ammo. I have shot it off and on for almost 60 years and love it, but I worry about someone else putting the wrong ammo in. It has a trigger as smooth as hot butter. It makes the Timney on my 98 mouser seem rough. I may sell it and buy a modern 22 that I wont be afraid to hand down to a grandchild. Oh Well, I enjoy it for now. Grant.

Back