Walter PPK/s 22???

Prof Young

Now I'm looking at a new Walter PPK/s 22. On live reviews seem pretty positive. Price is $339

Anyone out there have first hand experience with one?

Prof Young

I've had one for a year or so. My experience has been that it's the most forgiving 22 semi-automatic I've ever owned. It took about 100 rounds before being broken in but since then I've not had a single feed or ejection issue and any failure to fire rounds have also failed to fire if tried again; so, dud ammo rather than firearm failure.

Attachments

• PPKs-01-small.jpg
    PPKs-01-small.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 209
Walther PPK 22

I have had one for a while. Good pistol, forget DA, trigger pull is somewhere
around 20 lbs "because they want to be sure rimfires ignite". SA is great,
and it is like a piano, you never will get rid of it even if you don't play it much-
very nice pocket pistol.:cool:

Procured it . . .

I did the paper work today and will be able to pick it this weekend. Looking forward to shooting it.

Prof Young

Be aware, dimensions between the "modern" and the "classic PPK/S are NOT the same. Parts do not interchange. It feels the new version is just slightly larger (3% ?) than my "classic". Needed another magazine for the classic. Nope, new version does NOT fit.

I bought a brand new ppk/s nickel a few months ago. However, I have not yet fired it. I hope to do so tomorrow, 12/18. I read a few range reports and I haven't seen any negative reports except trigger pull.

I read that too . . .

Yeah, multiple on-line reviews say the DA trigger pull is 17 pounds or so, and 3 or 4 for the SA. I'm thinking this will be a training/range toy gun. I guess it may get carried around town or on bike rides.

Range report to come.

Prof Young

Yeah, multiple on-line reviews say the DA trigger pull is 17 pounds or so, and 3 or 4 for the SA. I'm thinking this will be a training/range toy gun. I guess it may get carried around town or on bike rides.

Range report to come.

Prof Young
Watch out for that slide bite on the web of your hand.

I've owned one since 2015, it's an excellent little pistol. My only complaint is the ridiculously heavy DA Trigger pull which weighs in at 17.5lbs according to Walther, but you can just pull the hammer back, and it does smooth out a bit over time.

attachment.php

Has anyone on here contacted Walther about returning the gun to have the double action trigger pull fixed/adjusted??

I see you already bought it. I have one. It may as well be a single action as the DA pull is silly. It works but... The decocker is neat too. It is made by Umarex for Walther. Cool little gun. It has been very reliable with HV ammo.

Enjoy

The PPK/S-22 isn't made by Umarex for Walther. Umarex has owned Walther since 1993 and the firearm is made by Walther employees at the Umarex plant in Cologne Germany because the Walther HQ in Ulm is dedicated to the production of Duty/SD Pistols and lacks the necessary tooling/facilities to produce rimfire replicas like the PPK/S-22.

Back