Wally Walking the CZ-75 Compact

Jellicle

Inactive
And Sears & Roebuck...AND Ruby Tuesday....AND my nieces picnic, etc etc. I did MY Wally Walk almost 2 years ago, but have never been bold enough to try anything larger than an IA Walther PPK. But the world today is a scary place, and getting scarier all the time, so I decided to up my game, both in power and capacity. And decided on the CZ-75 Compact.

But for the 1st couple of days, I was thinking I'd made a mistake. Even being a compact, the thing seemed huge. Especially when I placed it alongside the PPK. I thought that surely it will print; surely people will spot it: surely it will jut out like a crooked chrome bumper; and, etc etc and so forth.

So, as one never knows till he tries, today I put it in an inexpensive IWB holster under a light shirt, and set off. And if anyone at all noticed it, none of them said anything. My entire routine was entirely routine. :D

So now, I've sent a message to a friendly young lad in Smiths Grove, KY who makes custom single clip "cloak tuck" type holsters for about $30 to make one for the CZ. I've been using one he made for the PPK and it's awesome. If I can carry it in a cheap nylon holster without scaring the natives, then surely a good holster will make it easy peasy.

Still have that CZ RAMI on layaway too. That should make it even awesomer. The little Walther has been a source of great comfort, and won't be going anywhere, but for everyday out and about, looks to be there's a new kid in town.

Idnh0nA.jpg

an5hfan.jpg

Last edited:
Most people seem to be so absorbed in their own thoughts or smart phones they probably wouldn't notice if you were carrying a live alligator around your shoulders.

Why carry an Axe to Wal-Mart and all that firepower? You expecting a riot? You know you will go to jail if you kill someone. Get your lawyers in line..

LOL. The axe didn't get to go today. It's just there to keep everybody from topplin' over. The PPK didn't go either. It's just there for comparison as what I was carrying.

Most people seem to be so absorbed in their own thoughts or smart phones they probably wouldn't notice if you were carrying a live alligator around your shoulders.

Yep that's my thinking too... I carry many different ways and no one has EVER given any indication that they detected anything or cared (if they did).

Congrats on your new CZ. They do carry nice with a good holster.

I just got a new '75D PCR last month and picked up a Kholster IWB for it on Ebay. It's very comfortable actually and the wide clips pull it in tight.

Some folks are afraid to carry compact sized guns (instead of subcompacts or Micros) thinking they are too big, but if it's light enough it's no problem at all. The 15 rds on tap with another in the pocket is very reassuring and it's also comforting to shoot your carry gun at the range and actually enjoy shooting it and shoot it well.

That shirt is adequate concealment if you're just walking. If you need to sit, bend down, or reach up high, you'll probably need at least another 3" or so of length or it's going to ride up far enough to show the holster/gun.

I think a full size CZ 75 B could be easy to carry concealed IWB. I have no problem concealing my CZ 75 Compact with an OWB holster. I do prefer a holster that attaches at two points to the belt so as to distribute the weight better.

Last edited:
IWb can cover a lot, with the right rig. I carry my CZ SP-01 Phantom in summer in a High Noon Down Under rig, and that's no small pistol. Good czoice, sir, and yep, chances are very high nobody would have noticed.

I haven't been carrying for long, but I haven't had anyone notice it, yet.

One of the guys that works at my LGS carries a CZ P-09 IWB. Until he showed me his rig, I had no idea. I had assumed he was carrying, but I figured it was something small, since he wasn't printing at all.

The right equipment makes all the difference.

Wall Walk

It often takes quite a while for the "everyone can see my gun" paranoia to subside. I tend to be very careful about my cover garments and agree that a tee shirt is nice as long as you just stand there. If you try to live a normal life that includes sitting and bending then people "will see your gun" with that level of concealment.
I have tried to avoid the "world is a terrible place" mentality to preserve my quality of life. One can be aware of his surroundings without having to spend every minute looking for solid cover. When I drive to Wally World I have a much high chance of injury or death driving than I do walking around in a store or on the street. It doesn't mean that I don't carry and be attentive. I just refuse to obsess about it.
Nice CZ by the way. I enjoy my larger version immensely.

People are quite oblivious. Today I stepped out of my office in downtown Tacoma, and a swift wind unexpectedly and fully blew my shirt up, completely exposing my IWB G23 right in front of at least one person, a postal carrier walking right toward me. Plain view. He either didn't see or didn't care. No matter, fully legal to carry concealed or open here.

I've spotted a handful of people, and had my suspicions too for others. But it really can be difficult even if you know someone is carrying to spot where it is. A detective friend was carrying OWB with only a light shirt and it was briefly difficult to spot and I knew she was carrying... IWB really does just absorb into the folds and creases ...

Hello there Jellicle. I am a big CZ guy & I also have the CZ-75,compact great gun. IMO if you did not already do it I would get rid of the stock polymer/plastic guide rod & guild rod spring. Go with a steel or s/s G/R. You will have to change the guild rod spring because the stock one will not fit a metal guild rod. But that ok because CZ is known for week guild rod springs. It will work ok just beat up the frame more. The stock spring is 17lbs(if not weaker that for the 75compact) but I always up the weight by a 1lb so go with a 18lb. I do this with all my CZ'S & I have six of them. Works fine for me. Get Wolf springs. Also did you ever see the 5.11 covert casual shirt for cc? You can get them at LAPoliceGear.com. Take a look at them you may like them they work great for hiding your gun. That's what I use been using them for over 10years. It may work for you also. Good luck. And you just got to love the cz.

The Rami will hide even easier. It shoots a little better than my PCR and I didn't think that'd be possible.

Everyone is different. To me, my CZ-75 Compact feels very small, and is invisible when I carry AIWB. It also doesn't feel heavy to me, even after all day wear. To a lot of guys, a steel CZ Compact would be like carrying a boat anchor. Different perspectives.

My SP-01 feels more like a actual gun in the hand, or on the belt, but it hides surprisingly well too.

g.willikers

All right then. TWO things:

You owe me a new keyboard - i just spit coffee all over mine.​

And:

You couldn't be more correct - you should have the post of the month.​

Back