Wallhangers

mfreem08

Anyone know if there's a specific place to sell some wall hanger shotguns my dad gave me?
I have 2 older (read ~40-60yr old) in 12ga with a decently long barrel but the stock is cracked in a few spots on both, 1 actually has a tiny piece of wood missing. I know they will shoot but how long & safely, I don't know. They could probably be repaired or placed in new stocks but they have no family sentimental value. I didn't know if there was a certain market for such being that they will still fire..

40-60 years old... that’s right around the golden age of American manufacturing.

They are 12 gauge... but what kind?
Can you take some pictures?
You might have more than wall hangers.

There's a guy who hits the local craft shows,,,
He will take an old worthless shotgun and disable it.

I think he welds the action parts and welds the barrel closed.

Then he paints them white and mounts them on a white plank,,,
He labels them: For Weddings Only

I've seen this before,,,
But I hafta admit they are cute.

Aarond

I'll get em out next week sometime. I'm working the next 4 days & won't have time. I could be off on the years but given they were 'knock arounds' my granddad had, that sounds right.

"...40-60 years old..." Isn't old, but what they are matters. Cracks can be repaired without much fuss or expense. And so can missing bits. Epoxy is your friend.

Well I tried to post pictures but I kept getting error msgs. Anyone can help me out with that, much appreciated.

Anyway what I have is 1 that says Meridian Arms and the other says Riverside Arms Co with a date code of April 20, 1915 (lil more than 40-60 yrs

Last edited:
My favorite shotgun is in its 90s, and other than the finish, still good as new. Of course, it's a Winchester Model 12.

Wallhangers are, to me, Damascus (twist) barrel guns.....

Back