Wallet Holsters

There's at least one local vendor at the local gun shows selling these to folks. They completely conceal the firearm, except for the trigger guard, and the gun can be fired while in the holster.

My understanding is that these would be AOW's, or is there a loophole? I know some designs fall outside that aegis because the slide is visible, but I didn't know if there was a threshold.

I believe the LCP and Kel-tec wallet things get away with not being an AOW because the action is exposed and its apparent that it is a firearm. If the item is not apparently a firearm its usually considered an AOW.

Another thing to look at is does the device attach. The wrap around stuff is basically a grip for the firearm. Its a part. If the fuction is as a holster, as in the firearm is intended to be removed to be fired its a holster, even if there is a hole for emergency activation of the trigger.

It doesn't surprise me that BATF, in their infinite stupidity, made a decision to call a piece of leather a "weapon," as was the case with the wallet holsters designed for the Hi-Standard derringers.

After all, they also determined that a shoe lace is a "machine gun."

The host firearm is registered as the Any Other Weapon, the holsters are unregulated in any way.

If you own a holster and the gun that fits it that shows intent to break the law, so that is naughty. So register the gun first then procure the holster.

I believe the LCP and Kel-tec wallet things get away with not being an AOW because the action is exposed and its apparent that it is a firearm. If the item is not apparently a firearm its usually considered an AOW.
I've seen the Bianchi iterations, but the ones in question are cut like a wallet, completely covering everything but the trigger guard.

(In fact, I'm not sure how the gun would cycle, but it would fire once.)

I was wondering if something had changed since 1996 or so, as this vendor has apparently been selling them for some time now.

Back