Wall mount shotgun safe/rack

SARuger

Im setting up my HD shotgun, a Mav 88 that I rarely used it as anything more than a rack rider in my truck.

I want a rack to mount on my bedroom wall that can be locked while I'm gone or the grandkids are around. Yet something I can grab quick in the night if God forbid ever needed.

I see the shotgun racks in some of LEO buddies cruisers and I want something like that for my home.

Any idea's?

What will work is a wall mounted mirror, hinged with the drywall removed behind it.
A rack or mount can be mounted between the studs, the whole works finished off and you will have a hidden gun mounted in a lockable rack.

The best part is now there is a dressing mirror in the room and NO ONE will know what is behind the mirror.

http://www.amazon.com/SHOT-LOCK-S-S...657078&sr=8-6&keywords=locking+gun+wall+mount

31QXb%2B7Wl4L.jpg

My SoloVault came in and is now mounted. I really like it. Very easy to use, can be left open at night and the gun hangs there and short of a 7.5 earthquake it should stay there. I mounted this thing to the studs in the wall with 4 2" lag bolts. Its not going anywhere. My light set up is on its way for the Mav 88 20g. I have more in the vault than I have in the gun. The vault was $120 on Amazon

e29f8eb4-dfb4-4117-8dd5-6f6cf7b03f4c.jpg

I saw the SpeedVault on sale as well and picked one of those up for the girlfriends side of the bed for her EDC. As you can tell from the pic there is a 8# ferocious Chug guarding it LOL!

IMG_20150905_010337618.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like just thing for your situation! Dog looks like my cat - just likes to curl up and sleep through it all................:D

Whatever you choose to secure your shotgun, if it's in plain sight, any burglar will still get it.
They won't care how much damage they do to your wall or home to get it, either.
Out of sight is out of mind.

Very few places you can hide something and they won't find it. If they have the time to rip this off the wall, they have the time to find your hidey hole. That said, most smash and grab thugs won't take the time - it's in and out before the neighbors call the cops.

I have 120 in the gun and 60 in the barrel. I will have 100 in the light and mount. This shot gun goes in the jeep or power stroke with me most of the time.

Back