Walker/Dragoon holster

skj

Inactive
The Dixie Gun Works have a holster made for the Colt Walker. They also say it will fit the Dragoons. So are a Walker and a Dragoon the same size except for the barrel length? It would be nice to have one holster that will carry either gun. Anyone have one of these holsters?

holster

I just ordered a black flap holster (left or reverse orientation type) for my dragoon from Dixie. The Walker has a longer "mid section" and overall length, so I'm betting that it wouldn't fit in this holster.

Sounds like you are talking about the open-top one? If so, and they say that dragoons will fit, I would be comfortable in my expectation that indeed they will.

The Dragoons are very similar in size to the Walker in terms of the cylinder circumfrance and frame size - accept the mid-section and overall length is shorter. But they would be a decent fit because the trigger guard would prevent the holster from "swallowing" them.

Cabela's also has an open top holster- you may check that - they don't make any claims for the Dragoon, but it should be the same deal.

Back