Walker carbine/rifle contruction

Tenasaw

Inactive
Need to contact someone that has put a longer barrel on a Colt Walker- ASM, Uberti, etc. I have seen some pictures of some that have made some time back, but can't contact anyone that has actually done it. Don't need to hear from folks that think they know or have an idea, but somebody that has actually done it. Have wanted to make one since I visited the Cody museum some years ago. So if someone can direct me, Thanks.

WOW... that is too cool...

changing out the barrel could be nothing more than adding a barrel liner inside the stock barrel ( like we did on my cartridge conversion Walker revolver )... I used a .452" barrel liner, but a 45 caliber muzzle loader barrel could be lathed down & the stock barrel bored, then fit together, to achieve what you're looking for???

I would just remove the old barrel, figure out the shank diameter and length, thread pitch and then go to a lathe to fit one.

trouble is the barrel "block" is one piece with the rifled portion of the barrel... the rifled portion is not threaded on any of the Walker repro's I know of...

... in my previous post, we used a barrel liner... if a regular 45 BP barrel were used instead of a liner, it could be lathed down to the outside diameter of the existing walker barrel ( or bigger if desired ) so long as the "block portion doesn't get too thin...

Didn't know that Magnum wheel man. I guess the "block" must be bored out and then the new barrel turned down so as to fit into the block. It's still doable. I learn something new everyday.

I don't think it would be more difficult than installing a barrel liner...

or the "block" could be bored & threaded ( like a receiver or frame ) & the new barrel turned down & threaded to match...

Back