Waiting on my new Kimber !

Well, a few days ago I forked over the cash and had a friend order me a Kimber custom walnut. Six months ago I foolishly traded off my Colt and have been kicking myself ever since.

Given the outrageous prices on Colts now, even the 1991A1, I went with the Kimber. I've shot a few and have been impressed by their performance. For all of you Colt lovers and Kimber haters I humbly offer myself for sacrifice on the stupid alter. We all do stupid things and geting rid of that Colt ranks high on my personal list. Not because it was a Colt neccesarily but it was a great shooter.

Oh well, the Kimber should be here by the end of the week. Ah the pain of waiting !

Orders backlogged by 3200 units....
Gun won't arrive for 4mths....
Sorry
Kimber Inc.
JUST KIDDING ;)
Congrats on your new 1911 !!
You will give a Range report I hope. :)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Funny you mention that HS.

I just ordered a Kimber Compact SS on Dec 15. Guys at shop said Kimber had a dozen in stock and the gun should be in in 1-2 weeks. I call back in two weeks. They say Kimber usually takes 4-6 weeks or more. I stopped in a few days ago and they said they've been waiting on a gun for a customer for 7 MONTHS!! WTF? Has anyone else run into this yet?

I just bought a Kimber cutom walnut, put a Wilson GI plug and rod in it. I'm going to shoot it sometime this week. I'll let you know. I went in there to buy a Glock 21, but none in stock or sight, so now my SA"loaded"gov' model has a friend.

GreenDragon,
Could your freind have possibly ordered a polymer model from Kimber? I know that they've been having trouble with those.

As far as my gun is concerned, my friend had to order it from a distributor on the east coast. Apparently you have to be a "Master" dealer to order direct from Kimber. This entails purchasing at least $4000.00 worth of product from them. Needless to say I told my friend that it was pretty inconsiderate of him for not being willing to do that for me !

The east coast distributor happened to have what I wanted in stock. If Kimber drags their feet like that I may have lucked out having to go that route.

t2,
Any particular reason why you installed the GI plug set up? I agree that it's not a neccesary feature but have you had problems with yours?

224 said:
>>Well, a few days ago I forked over the cash and had a friend order me a Kimber custom walnut. <<

I prefer my walnuts stock, right off the tree. <g>

Back