Waiting for CHL?

No. I'm waiting for my NV. They called to verify address several weeks ago. It didn't show up so I called. The lady said I was cleared but it was still processing. I'm about 100 days into the legal 120 day limit. I stopped going to the box every day. On day 120 I'll call them and a lawyer.

These delays IMHO are excessive and unreasonable. It's not just NV.

The waiting is the hardest part. Plus, I don't want to say your CHL is life changing, but it big deal and a big responsibility.

Keep checking, it will be along soon enough.

Perhaps the situation is challenging you to deal with the most important trait necessary to embrace when you find yourself legally armed in public...patience.

Or maybe they're just backed up.

Sgt Lumpy

Got mine back in about 2 weeks after I took the course (renewal, not new CHL.)

Why?

I guess cause I have a very low serial number, was a CHL instructor for 10 years, and known to the DPS (in good ways ONLY guys.)

That and the NSA and IRS must have given them my dossier as I have been to Tea Party rallies before!

Deaf

Yeah I know patience is great... just one of those things i guess. I laughed when I saw other people saying that they kept checking when they were waiting for theirs... and now it's turned into me!

I laughed when I saw other people saying that they kept checking

I'm in Arizona. We don't even need a CCW. And I'm an ex cop. Been carrying for years. Still, like you, I checked the mail box every day.

Sgt Lumpy

Took me 13 weeks in western NY to receive mine, I checked the mail everyday till I received it. Now I clean my pistols and let the wife get the mail. Don't think she hasn't noticed:D

Took me 13 weeks in western NY to receive mine, I checked the mail everyday till I received it. Now I clean my pistols and let the wife get the mail. Don't think she hasn't noticed:D

I'm also in western NY and I applied May 25th 2011 and got it in the beginning of September. When I saw that envelope from the Sheriff's office and felt a card inside I was so excited, it was like Christmas lol.

Exactly 2 weeks in Va. If you haven't received it after 45 days, they are required by law to issue a temp. permit until you get your permanent one.

90 day wonder....

My mostly pro-2A/private gun owner state passed state level laws saying CC licenses called Ws are mandated to be processed in 90 days or less.
The state Div of Licensing had a 30% increase overall from 2011 to 2012.
The state employees and managers sped up the application process.
They removed the W license holders home address listing on the plastic card too.
That's smart and a role model for other states.

CF

Rjeezie....I guess I don't check more than once a day!

I'm in the same boat. Been about three weeks since I took my class, got printed and filed all the forms. Given the volume they're processing these days, I guess it's taking them a little longer than usual.

I've resisted the urge to call. I figure I'd rather have them working on than explaining to me why they're talking with me and NOT working on it.

My very first CCW permit was issued in Arizona. As the day of the expected delivery approached, I was crazy with anticipation. A few days past that date I called only to discover that the permit was mailed out a few weeks earlier and got lost in the mail or someone else absconded with it. I had to wait a few more weeks for a reissue.

So no, keep on checking. Strange things are known to happen.

I just got my AZ CCW. It expires in 2018. Do i need to just re-apply or do I need to re-take a class and re-apply?

I just got my AZ CCW. It expires in 2018. Do i need to just re-apply or do I need to re-take a class and re-apply?

You do not need to take another class. They will send an "about to expire" notice to you 90 days prior to expiration.

From their website -
http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Questions/

"What do I need to do to renew my CCW permit?
The Concealed Weapon Permit Unit (CWPU) mails a courtesy renewal packet to customers whose permits are due to expire. The packet is mailed to the address on record approximately 90 days prior to the expiration date. The packet includes a renewal application and pre-addressed return envelope. Complete the renewal application, include the applicable fee, and mail them to DPS. No cash or personal checks please or your application will be returned causing a delay in processing..."

Sgt Lumpy

Back