Wait time on Mitch Rosen holsters?

Have you called Mitch Rosen and asked?

In the past it has been pretty long -- around 4-6 months or so.

M1911

Longer than it should be. Try Alessi for all the quality at
a fraction of the cost. Plus, he's great to do business with, something you aren't likely to hear about Rosen. Lots
of negative posts here and elsewhere on that topic.

I ordered an ARG-Slim (for my Beretta 8040F) April 6 and received it Sep 12 - at the same time I ordered some Leather Lightning that still has not shown up. I will say that the holster is extremely well made and "works" for me very well. However, there are other ARG knock offs that would be available in much less time. I currently have a couple of other rigs on order from Lou Alessi and expect them in much less time. BTW - Lou is very cordial and responds promptly to any e-mails.

Will I order from Rosen again - I really don't know - I'm waiting on the rigs from Alessi.

-- Chuck

When I inquired in August, the wait time was 20 weeks.

I personally have no "customer service" complaints about Mitch Rosen. The holster, mag pouch, and belt I bought last year were very nicely done, and the products were shipped exactly when I was told they would be shipped.

On the other hand, I can't imagine anyone beating Lou Alessi in the customer service department. Dealing with Lou Alessi is pretty much a low risk proposition because not only are his products good, he's a pleasure to do business with. If you are not satisfied with his products, he will do whatever he can to make it right.

WOW! Thanks a million for those kind words, and votes of confidence. That kind of advertizing can never be bought, and I really appreciate it.
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a safe and prosperous New Year. :D
Thanks, Lou

Checked out the Alessi holsters. I'm keyed onto the Belt slide holsters. NICE!

Lou,
What is the wait time for these?
It's either going to be for a HK USP 40 compact, Sig 225, or Glock 23. 1.5" belt loops.

Thanks!

I don't know if your looking for IWB, but if you are, be sure to ask Lou about the CQC-I; it's not on the RF site and
it's been my favorite so far. It's been the only comfortable IWB I've found for the P7M8, and it's probably
just as comfortable with everything else. Peerless quality
at an outstanding price. It's no accident that every post about Lou's products has the same glowing tone...he's a great guy to do business with, and that's hard to find in any field.

I'm mainly looking for an OWB. The Alessi Belt Slide model is the one of interest right now.
Anyone have the URL for the prefered Alessi online dealer?

I will also highly recommend Lou. His holsters or top-knotch! I'm wearing one of his CQC/S right now.

However, Mitch Rosen's holsters are very beautiful too. They are much more expensive but functional. To be blunt, Mitch is a dick. I won't buy another one of his holsters again but THIS is my personal opinion. It takes nothing away from his work.

If you want a Rosen holster but do not want to wait, check out www.holster-connection.com. Marty is one hell of a nice guy and he has more Rosen holsters then Mitch does! He'll ship to anywhere! Be sure to get Leather Lightening or an alternative by Rusty Sherrick (http://www.c-rusty.com/). Holster-Connection.com stocks Leather Lightening.
Rusty makes some beautiful horsehide holsters. He also makes a conditioner similiar to Leather Lightening. He's a friend of mine and an exceptionally friendly person.

[Edited by ArmySon on 12-26-2000 at 12:03 PM]

ctc, your story sounds like a duplicate of my exprience. yea i have no complaints about the holster but who knows if the leather lightning will come within a year of when i ordered it. i suppose if he had something nobody else could offer i would deal with him again but thats hardly the case so its unlikely to happen. anybody that researches their holster options can come up with a much better choice than mitch rosen, and i don,t mean that in a bitter way, just telling it like it is, like so many will relate, wyatt

UPDATE:
I placed an order for an Alessi Belt Slide model from rfholsters.com for my 40C.
I hope the Alessis are as good as you guys say. :)

Alessi's holsters and Lou, himself......

Lou will do all in his power make sure the hoslter is right. He is a true gentleman and a maker of fine holsters.

Well I received my order from Lou on time as promised. So far this is the third order and every one has been delivered without delay and the fit and finish are always excellent. So, as this thread winds down I do know the answer to whether or not I would order from Rosen again - I won't.

Life is to short to put up with people who forget who the customer is.

-- Chuck

Back