Waffen-Frankonia

looster

Inactive
I purchased a Waffen-Frankonia Rifle, .264 mag., in Germany while stationed there in 1972-74. It has had less than 20 rounds fired through it and I recently entertained the idea of selling it. It is in excellent condition and I need to determine what value to put on it. It currently has a Leupold 3x9 VariX scope and the price could include the scope or not. Any suggestions would be helpful. I found this post site while researching the rifle and saw a similar post involving a buyer in VA. If you would be interested in the purchase or just have some input as to its worth, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

The Frankonia rifles of the time were mainly reworked Mauser 98. As such you can probably look for prices comparable to well sporterized 98s, somewhere in the $300 - 500 range. As always pictures would help.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Waffen-Frankonia made anything; they were and are a large gun and hunting retailer. AFAIK, they had ex-military Mausers sporterized and sold in Europe and in U.S. Post and Base Exchanges in Germany.

Jim

:) That ad states you can buy a Mauser in 30-06 at Frankonia's. Not buy a Frankonia made Mauser,:D

Last edited:
It's not as bad as it seems. Recently the Euro has taken a hit. 5,224 Euros is now only 7,505 dollars and 58 cents. You know, if they threw in a cleaning kit it might not be a bad deal:eek:

Back