WA State Restaurant CCW

Alaska444

I just had my Idaho CCW approved and I am waiting for my Utah to come through. This will allow coverage in Washington state as well. An issue came up in our Utah class on which restaurants you can carry in WA with their ban on CCW in drinking establishments. Most restaurants have a bar area. Is their a list of places you can go and carry safely?

I noted one restaurant had a separate area posted as off limits to minors but they we allowed everywhere else in the restaurant. Is carry then OK outside of this posted area as it is for minors to go as well?

Thank you in advance.

You might try looking on gunburger.com. If it doesn't have a list of restaurants for your area, then you might want to contact the administrator for that website about starting a list for your area. My husband and I are in the process of doing that now for the Houston, Texas area.

Only that portion of the restaurant that is off limits to minors is off limits to firearms. Anywhere else is OK. There are required to be no minors signs and no firearms posted for those areas. In addition, if the entire restaurant/bar becomes off limits at, say 9:00 pm, then firearms are permitted up to the time the place becomes off limits, regardless of whether they take their posting down or not. We even had an open carry event at one such place in Bellingham where they don't take down their signs, but their signs don't go into effect until 9:00 pm.

If you can have your kid there, you can have your gun there, as far as restaurants in WA are concerned.

RCW 9.41.300:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:

(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age;

Last edited:
Back