VTI replacement barrel... Will it fit?

noelf2

I have one of those pietta 1851 Pepperbox revolvers, and am going to try to fit a sheriff barrel in .36 cal to it (ordered from VTI gun parts). Also ordered a wedge. Good price since they are giving 20% off and free shipping for veterans until Xmas. I already have a .36 caliber cylinder that I ordered earlier this year when Cabelas was dumping them for a good price ($35 IIRC). So, what are the odds it will all go together perfectly... ?? :D:D

Yes it has the pins. Just wonder about b/c gap and arbor length. I figure I'll need to do some fitting. No big deal if I do.

It was in the mailbox when I got home today. Fits pretty good! Arbor bottoms out in the barrel assembly. B/C gap is typical for a new gun, before any modifications. Not liking the look with the thunderer grip. I like the grip with the pepperbox cylinder on though :(. I might have to swap the grip back onto the snubby I took it from. I don't want a loading lever setup on this, and I might bob the barrel an inch or so or push out the lever catch. Decisions decisions.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20171115_183053.jpg
    20171115_183053.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 714
Back