VP Gore & Sen Schumer

HankL

Hang on to your hats! Just saw the speach on CNN Gore was talking about how more gun control would help solve the copy cat kids at school insanity and Schumer was looking like the cat that ate the canary! CNN did show a few secs of Trent Lott talking about the laws already in place needing to be enforced!
The CNN news also said that the kid who did the shooting in Conyers hasn't been charged with anything yet!
Looks like our long row to hoe got very long today!
Hank
"imagine President Gore & Vice President Schumer"

And to make matters worse, the GOP handed Gore another item to take credit for.
From the news:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>``Everybody here knows and everybody listening to my voice knows that there have been people who have voted with the NRA for years who knew in their hearts that it was the wrong vote,'' Gore said after the tie-breaker.

``The real significance of this victory today is that by the narrowest of margins -- and that's often how change begins -- enough found the courage to change their minds,'' added Gore, who interrupted a 29th wedding anniversary getaway with his wife, Tipper, to be on hand if his vote was needed.[/quote]

So now Gore has invented the Internet, saved the environment and protected our children by casting the tie breaking vote. If the GOP was going to cave at least they could have done it on their own.

[This message has been edited by DHH (edited May 20, 1999).]

"imagine President Gore & Vice President Schumer"

Dammit, Hank, I have enough trouble sleeping! Don't scare me like that!

Eastwood/Selleck 2000 - For The Children.

------------------
How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day?
I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it.
--Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"

DHH: You do realize, don't you, the hideous thing about that quote from Gore? It's true!

For years, we've been relying on people who, in their heart of hearts, think we're WRONG. They've defended us because we donated money to their reelection, they've defended us because we vote, they've defended us to keep us from supporting a challenger. The only reason they haven't had for defending us is principle.

That's why they 'caved' so easilly; That's why they're so inarticulate in defending our position. THEY THINK THE DEMOCRATS ARE RIGHT ON THIS ISSUE. Fear might make them back down again, but nothing will ever make them repeal one word of a gun control law, because their hearts are not with us, they're with the other side.

LOL...
Sorry Rat, I'm too young, as stated in the Constitution. ;)

Besides, not too many folks would appreciate my concept of what gov't is supposed to do.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

I'd run for president on the platform of spending the entire term getting rid of bad legislation. On the other hand, 4 years isn't nearly enough!

Destructo:

Sure it is.

By Executive Order, all laws which are in opposition to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are hereby voided.

See how easy that was? :)

------------------
How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day?
I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it.
--Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"

Back