Vote in AOL Poll About Guns

"Do you think the problem of gun violece in America can best be solved by..."

Off-topic rant: who are all these bloody illiterate pukes who have invaded my beloved net?!

BOT: As usual, we're winning by a *HUGE* margin, and as usual, it won't make a fetid dingo's kidney worth of difference. The feds make laws based on polls when the results of those polls coincide with their desires.

Bleargh.
------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited December 09, 1999).]

Forget what the people think. The only truth to be found is in Washington.

And if you believe that, I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell ya, too.

I did, however, find it interesting that the #2 slot for what people thought would best address the issue belonged to parents and religious organizations. That restores my faith in American sensibilities. We know that laws don't fix problems--character and conscience do.

jth

------------------
"Corruptisima republica plurimae leges." (The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.)
- Tacitus

Not that these unscientific polls mean anything, but after I voted, it was 81% against the Govt. Lawsuit.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

OK, who's the wise guy? [g]

I went to the site where they displayed the results, along with this message: You seem to have already voted. Thanks.

This was my first time there. However, it doesn't look like they need my vote.

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

Oatka, a lot of those polls use the incoming IP to determine if you have voted. If someone using the same ISP as you voted just before you logged on and you where assigned the same IP as they had, it could cause a problem with the vote minder program. Log off and back on again, then try it again.

Libertarian - Thanks. I just tried and got through. Evidently they got hammered so bad they had to go on to a new topic -- School Truancy. Voted anyway, just for the halibut.

Back