Vote early, vote often! USAToday Gun Rights Poll

The 2nd amendment was created as a way to protect ourselves from our government, not just from the british or from other enemies around.

As soon as guns go, the American way of life goes since there is no threat of armed revolution if the government strays too far from it's job as SERVING THE PEOPLE.

George Washington said the best government is the one that undergoes a revolution every 20 years. Now I don't believe that revolution is in any way a good idea, but as soon as that possiblity goes away who knows what is to become.

Well a revolution can take place in several different ways. Perhaps our first president didn't mean an armed over throwing of the government.

Maybe not, but our third President did.

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

And so did Alexander Hamilton.

" ... but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in discipline and use of arms, who stand ready to defend their rights ..."
-- Alexander Hamilton speaking of standing armies in Federalist 29

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons entrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.
-- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

How come people here encourage people to flood gun polls like this, but then cry foul when Ron Paul supporters flood political polls?

Just as an aside, an IT guy told me to NOT hot link polls to gun forums, because they can trace it right back and not count the votes if they know they are coming from pro gun sites. It would be better to copy and paste the link, and then vote.

I'm no computer guy, but I would not doubt this type of thing happens.

Back