Vortex PST GEN 2 5-25

ks_wayward_son

Ive been tossing around a new LRP optic idea for sometime. Had it narrowed between a Burris XTR II and Vortex Viper PST GEN II. After much perusing I believe I am settled on the Vortex as it has been stated the turrets between the 2 are just as good, but the glass seems to be better on the Vortex.

I decided to check a bunch of places for potential buys. Came across Whittaker Guns for some PSTs. Found this model for 800.00:

https://whittakerguns.com/product/83606

Needless to say, the description Whittaker gives is very "lacking" about the features, but I looked up sku/model number and it appears to be a new model with the 7c reticle but in MOA. Only 10 bucks to ship. That is a DAMN good price on a 7c looks like. Everybody else wants a grand plus. Only wish it were milrad, but for that price, I might bite.

But really have my heart set on milrad to try.

Man...decisions, decisions.

I would hold out for mrad. At this price point, they are all pretty good scopes.

I have had both. I prefer the XTR turrets and the pst glass. To my eyes, the PST is just a bit better optical design. The pst turrets are good enough. I can be happy with mine.

I also prefer the 7 reticle, but the price was right on my 2 reticle.

Back