Vision problems 6 cranial nerv palsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I do not have it and had never heard of it until I read your post.

I searched and found some information on the web.

One of the hits was this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7364189/

Here is a 'fair use' quote from it:
"Sixth cranial nerve palsy is often a benign condition with full recovery within weeks, yet caution is warranted as it may portend a serious neurologic process. There are various causes for sixth cranial nerve palsy including stroke, infection, Lyme disease, brain tumor, meningitis, diabetic neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, and brain aneurysm [2]."

First it says it is often benign with full recovery, then it gets concerning.

I am not a doctor, and in fact I'm kind of allergic to doctors in general, but my suggestion is to quiz your doctor, or whoever made the diagnosis, about what is going on and what you can do about it.

I hope it turns out to be a passing thing that goes away soon.

Hang in there, wishing you a good outcome!

I had double vision for a year, due to a benign meningioma. It took that year to find the problem and surgically remove the tumor. And I wore an eye patch for that year. On the positive side, that eye patch drove some women crazy. So get an eye patch. With double vision you’ll want that. Get convex ones, so your lashes won’t rub on the eye patch.

And good luck, and I hope it goes away on its own.

Other than one needs to be able to see in order to shoot and hit, I don't see this as firearms related. TFL is not a site for medical advice, for those questions, this is the wrong place to look for answers.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back