Vintage Weaver Scope Mounts

Lama

Inactive
I'm trying to find the side mount brackets made by Weaver for the Savage Model 6 or the Stevens 87A. According to Weaver, the mount I am looking for is likely the Model "N" or the Model "T". Both have been long discontinued. I have purchased the new Weaver side mount bracket, but with current mounting rings, it would mount the scope off to the side of the barrel. I've tried to add a couple of pictures that show how the mount looks...cannot upload them for some reason. I can email directly if someone needs more info. Does anyone have these old brackets lying around?

I just bought a 1938 Savage Model 7 at a pawn shop 3 weeks ago for $75.
This is the magazine fed version. You have the tube fed.
In the past I have bought the Weaver side rings and side mount for pre drilled old 22 rifles.
I have quit those mounts. Too much money, too hard to order, and the rings are off center or too high.
So I drilled and tapped (4) 6-48 holes in the receiver and attached (2) #15 Weaver bases.
To take the guts out for cleaning and drilling and tapping, I made use of this video. He calls it a Springfield 87A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5C05ZBD8FU
I had some other problems and got parts here
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufa.../Rifles-40502/6RifleSeries-39808/6A-34153.htm

Attachments

• 1941 Sav mod 7S gets drilled and tapped for no 12 Weaver bases 3-20-2016.jpg
    1941 Sav mod 7S gets drilled and tapped for no 12 Weaver bases 3-20-2016.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 1941 Sav mod 7S gets drilled and tapped for no 12 Weaver bases and gets 1973 M8 4x32 scope 3-20-.jpg
    1941 Sav mod 7S gets drilled and tapped for no 12 Weaver bases and gets 1973 M8 4x32 scope 3-20-.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 19
rings etc

I needed rings,bases and side mounts....well I went on eBay...it must have been my lucky day, cause I found a guy selling NOS Weaver mounts, rings etc from the 50's...like dirt cheap in the box!!...look online, somebody somewhere posts stuff!!

Artillery King Of The Battlefield

Back