Vintage Taurus, what could it be worth?

stealintv

My friend is selling a few firearms and I am helping him. He has a Vintage Taurus 38 special 6 shot revolver. It looks just like the pictures on this past post. Unfortunately I do not have the firearm with me, but I did take some notes.

It seems that these older model Taurus revolvers had a model marking inside when you swing out the cylinder. This one is marked "T 85" Model 85 I assume?

I did some googling, but there is a taurus model 85 currently in production that is much different from this one and makes up for 99% of the search results.

Anyway, he would like to sell all of his firearms and I don't want him to get ripped off. We have a potential buyer for this one and would like to throw a number at him soon.

I found this which looks just like it, but different model.

Also, this one here.

I don't imagine he is gonna make a killing off this revolver, but at least get the guy some gas money.

Thanks in advance.

Gas money? I don't think he will get that much for a Taurus; a Colt Paterson, maybe.

Seriously, the Taurus Model 85 was discontinued for a while then brought back as a slightly different gun, so that is probably the cause for the confusion. With the standard blued steel frame, in average condition, they bring around $200, $300-350 NIB.

Jim

sounds good

That sounds about right. Those couple of websites I linked concur with what you suggest. I appreciate your input.

Back