Vintage Scope Repair Suggestions

JJ45

Hello, I have a Redfield 4X 1"tube scope with a post reticle.

The second lens, inside on the objective end seems to have developed a bunch of small dots. I don't think it is fungus but looks like very small light colored spots on the inside lens. It doesn't seem to effect the view much but I would like to fix it if possible because it might get worse.

The scope is on my 1950s Marlin 336 30-30. I could just replace the scope but I would like to keep everything vintage, if you know what I mean.

Anyone know of a reliable shop I could send it to? Appreciate any suggestions, JJ

I think that Leupold has the rights to the Redfield name so you might try an e-mail to them first. if they won't repair it they might know somebody that does.

Iron Sight is likely your best bet, long wait time though. Unless I"m mitaken Leupold will only work on Redfield scopes that have been produced by Leupold.

ABO used to be the outfit that fixed the original Redfields. Might give them a try. I apologize for not having contact info. I lost when my old computer turned toes up. They did fix one for me years ago and their work was quite good.
Paul B.

ironsight

Yeah the IronSight people are available to work on vintage USA Redfields, and Weavers too, and several others to boot.

Price is usually not too bad, but the wait time is 6-9 months. They have a website that is very informative.

Back