Vintage cleaning kit information

captianpattson

Hey y'all, I'm looking for some information on a kit that was issued with a rifle during WWII. The information list that came with the rifle says it comes with a "Brush, Cleaning, cal. .22, M3" etc. I've searched for M3 cleaning brush or M1 cleaning rod but only came up with stuff for the garand. Does anyone know where I can look to find out what the original military equipment was?

I can find the parts listed on military serial number websites but I'm looking for pictures or even to buy originals to complete a rifle I'm working on.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of any rifle in WWII that was issued that was a 22. there were 22 trainers but they were never issued to anyone, they were kept at the marksmanship training ranges.

captianpattson ask “Hey y'all, I'm looking for some information on a kit that was issued with a rifle during WWII.”

He did not say the rifle was issued to John or Bill, he is asking about a cleaning that was issued with a rifle, One of the links describe the rifles BEING Issued packed in a crate of xx number rifles, then the article goes on to say the rifles were issued to the AIR FORCE OVERSEAS.

Can you help him locate the parts he is looking for and or a picture, I could have used the link provided to post pictures of kits and or parts of kits and oilers I have etc., I choose not to bore anyone.

F. Guffey

Again, issued with a rifle.

Back