Videos showing Pistol/Revolver cleaning

charlesc

Are there any excellent DVDs that you know of that show step by step how to clean pistols and revolvers, along with what supplies/stuff to buy to do that?
can you guide me to the web sites/retail stores that sell it? Thanks

Cleaning, service....

There are several good videos, guides & books available to teach you how to properly clean or maintain a firearm.
It's important not to use excessive amounts of gun oil or cleaning products which may cause problems.
Many gun owners & armed professionals use CLPs(clean lube protect). These products can take care of many weapons with just one application.
Some gun owners & shooters use bore cleaners & solvents like 7.62, Hoppes #9 & Butch's. These gun care products clean & protect the bore/muzzle area.
I've used Ballistol since around 1997. It's great for weapons & around the work shop or camp. Ballistol is safe, non toxic, CFC free & works well on metal/wood/polymer/rubber. The only - is that it's only sold in small bottles. :(
Other top brands for cleaning/service include; FrogLube, LPX, Gunzilla, Rand CLP, Weaponshield, Slip2000.

See these sites for more details; www.nra.org www.deltapress.com www.mpro7.com www.gunzilla.us www.brownells.com www.weaponshield.com www.midwayusa.com www.italiangungrease.com www.nachezss.com www.gunvideo.com www.froglube.com www.slip2000.com .

If you go to YouTube and watch a few different videos on how to clean firearms (even better if you can find videos on how to clean your specific firearm) then that should do you just fine for a visual walkthrough.

The basic steps are to field strip, use a solvent like Hoppes No. 9 to clean throughout the firearm, including the barrel (using patches, a tootbrush, a few q-tips, and a bore brush or bore snake), use lubricating oil at the recommended spots (making sure not to over oil as ClydeFrog said) and then reassemble.

I've found that an even easier way of cleaning is using products like Birchwood Casey's Gun Scrubber. My steps are to field strip, spray thoroughly using Gun Scrubber, scrub everything down with a toothbrush, use a q-tip to get into all of the small areas that crud likes to settle down into, respray with Gun Scrubber, and then oil the manufacturer's recommended spots, reassemble, and you're done.

One extra note: If you're using a semi-automatic, don't neglect your magazines either. Hope this helps you out.

Back