Video - me tearning up the front of a truck with a MP5

I can't afford that much ammo at today's prices

Wow ! What a shoot but ammo (.223/5.56) comes a bit dear these days.
Even Wolf when and if you can get it. Great show, though.

You are right, that ammo is PMC Green. It is frangible and designed for LE use. That demo is to show that the slugs break-up into, essentially, a fine powder. IIRC, they are made of powdered metal and formed by extremely high pressure into bullet molds. Upon impact with a hard surface, they disintegrate back into their original powder form.

Is it easy to stay on target with an MP5, shooting fully automatic? Is it heavy? Or do you simply know how to handle it?:cool:

MP5's are notoriously easy to maneuver on automatic fire because of their roller-delayed blowback recoil system. They are not particularly heavy either.

It takes practice and being properly trained in their use. If I give my MP5 to a novice, they shoot all over the place on full-auto. I can do the same thing with a M16... again, practice is the key to controllability.

If I give my MP5 to a novice, they shoot all over the place on full-auto.

I have noticed that they tend to be wild with their fire mostly because they imagine that the weapon will be difficult to control, whether it is or not. If you take a minute or 20 to explain proper technique, most can learn to control automatic fire on the MP5 quite quickly. Kind of a different story if you start someone off with a M16. I personally think the MP5 is one of the most enjoyable weapons systems to own/shoot. The versatility of configurations is amazing and they are scarry accurate.

LOL!! I left a funny comment on the OP's original video link. :D

But, yeah, pretty much any stocked sub-machinegun is easy to control. I remember when I got to shoot a Micro UZI and a full sized UZI. The stock sure made a huge difference in controlability.

Back