Vertical Shoulder Rig for 629

Stick Man

Inactive
After much research, I've decided I want to try out a vertical shoulder rig.
I'm looking for something that's leather, preferably with no retention strap unless it's removable or can be broken on the draw stroke. Want it to be in the $200 range or under.
Thanks.

$200 is going to be hard to do for a decent leather shoulder holster. Try the Andrews Leather Springbreak ($300+) or, for a cheap one, there's the Bianchi X15 but it has a retention strap ($160).

Look around; Google is your friend. Good luck.

One type I'm interested in is the A.E. Neslon #58, which has a removable retention strap. I've heard good things about this product and brand, but they sell for around $100 which to me seems kind of cheap.
Thoughts?

I'm not familiar with the Nelson but, looking at the pic, the harness appears very uncomfortable. The straps are too thin and at $100 I'd bet the leather is junk. Don't really know though; never seen one. I regularly carry a S&W 686, about the same weight as a 629, in a wide pancake on a stiff belt and it's very comfortable and much faster than any shoulder rig. YMMV.

I bought a used Bianchi X15 for my S&W 29 off e bay for less than 50 bucks .Has a removable retention strap .
You don't need to break the bank to buy a shoulder holster.

Back