Verona LX501 for sale?

L2R

Friend of a Friend is selling this over and under.
Guessing it is 95% or better.
The engraving looks pretty darn good.

But it is nearly impossible to collect any information on this- even where it is made seems muddled.

So looking for some:
History of the gun
A fair price for it and
where/who really made it?

Figured if anyone knew, it would be some here.
Thank you in advance. :D

F.A.I.R. aka Isadore Rizzini... made in Italy.

Go to shotgun world site and look under I love My Verona section

THANKS

I greatly appreciate both replies.
Both provided insight.

Hard to put a price on something that has no demand but it is an interesting piece for sure.

I bought one of those same models quite a while ago. As an entry level o/u -- and I just took a chance on the Verona name - as I knew nothing about them at that time. ( I live in the town of VERONA). Long story short -- I had a couple of Master gunsmiths, who belong to my club, tear it down and look at it when it was brand new. Both of these men worked previously at Remington arms, and also for our northeast, NY area distributors/importers of Perazzi Shotguns. They said it was a very well made Italian gun, that would probably stand up to 200,000 - 250,000 rounds of shooting over the years. It has served me well at trap, some skeet & hunting. Gets shot a lot -- no problems with it over the years. It should serve you well, I don't know if they are still importing them, but any good gunshop could provide repairs if needed, just saying.

Having seen the Turkish made CZ's vis a vis the Verona 702 side by side it was no contest.

I have a FAIR / Verona LX702 410. It is my go to quail gun; I have two HK / Fabarms O/U's a 12 and a 20 Silver Lion Cub. My FAIR / Verona stands up in fit and finish vs. my Fabarm guns. They may not be "B" guns but they are ceratinly not JUNK guns.

If you can get a good deal on the Verona.. scoop it up.

thanks much

all good info guys.

Thanks much for the added information.

Sounds like a great gun for the price.

Back