Vendor for 5.56 brass

Tex S

Anybody know a good source for once fired 5.56 brass? Several years ago I bought some from Brass Bombers but it looks like they aren't in business anymore. I need around 2k pieces. Preferably with matching head stamp but I may not be able to be that picky.

Brass only needs to be deprimed and the crimp removed, as I don't have the tools or interest to decap crimped brass and/or ream primer pockets. I can clean, size, trim, chamfer and deburr as needed.

Know anybody?

What you are talking about is usually called reconditioned once-fired brass. It costs more than doing the conditioning yourself, but it has the advantage that it can be had already resized, as well. They do the resizing with a roll sizer, and that does tend to get you out of the problem of having to use a small base die on some of the larger stuff that came out of the military's full-auto guns, which often are not resized far enough by a standard resizing die.

This place has it, but the price is higher per thousand than new Starline 223 Rem brass is when it is available. The high price is probably the reason that they have some in stock (or, at least it looks like they do, up to the point of getting some in the shopping cart).

Back