Vang Comp System or PatterMaster Choke tube. Which works better?

I was just wondering if anyone out there had actually compared the Vang Comp & the PatternMaster system to see which worked better and gave the tightest groups with Buckshot.. can both use slugs etc...?

Thanks,

Ben

I have not compared the two systems in the same gun. However, I have have taken several shotgun classes where shooters have had the Vang Comp system fitted. I can tell you that my Benelli M1 - with Patternmaster - groups as tight or tighter than any of the VC'd guns I've seen on the line. All 9 pellets of Federal's Tactical 00 Buck are in 5" at 25 yards. Great system.

John Francis

John,

What about shooting slugs with a patternMaster?

Ben

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfrancis:
I have not compared the two systems in the same gun. However, I have have taken several shotgun classes where shooters have had the Vang Comp system fitted. I can tell you that my Benelli M1 - with Patternmaster - groups as tight or tighter than any of the VC'd guns I've seen on the line. All 9 pellets of Federal's Tactical 00 Buck are in 5" at 25 yards. Great system.

John Francis
[/quote]

Ben: Absolutely no problem.

John

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bennett Richards:
John,

What about shooting slugs with a patternMaster?

Ben

[/quote]

Oberdude,
I think I made the right choice... Just the thought of those choke tabs protruding into the barrel and a slug tearing by them at 1500+fps gave me a bad feeling about the Patternmaster. I am SURE it's fantastic for Shot nad buck... and I might have felt different if my 870 had been already RemChoked... But Vang is a long proven and simple system. When I get it back it's going to Dan at Tactical Weaponry for an Olive Drab Moly finish.. Have you talked with him yet?

Ben
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oberkommando:
Ben we will go shooting if I ever get my auto back. Have my 870 but still waiting for the M1.[/quote]

Back