Value on Beretta 92F

madkiwi

I have been offered a 99% (damn near new) Beretta 92F with 2 15-round mags for $550.

Good, bad or jump-on-it-now-before-he-changes-his-mind?

Thanks!

Not a steal, but not a rip off either. I paid $514 + tax back in 1995 for mine (NIB). You could probably get a better deal elswhere if you looked hard enough. Overall, I'd say it was a "fair" price. If you like it jump on it. I'm assuming the mags are Beretta originals? Hope I helped some.

Jay

I have seen them at 375 bucks dealer cost for used cop trade ins that are claimed to be in exc. condition. I have also seen new in the box ones in gun shops for 600 bucks too. If it was in stainless and came with a lot of mags I would say thats a good deal.:) Used is used so the price should go down a bit.

Sounds a little high, just picked up my 92 (millennium edition) a couple of weeks ago for 499.00, but it really should be based on the prices in your area. But it shouldn't be too hard to pickup a NIB for less than 500.00

they hold there value well in north carolina.475 -500 bucks well used with 1 hi cap.hell you can get one brand new for 525 .no hi cap but they are alot of them to be found for good prices.

Let me preface by saying the Berreta 92 is a great firearm in both function and reliability. The classic look of the 92 doesn't hurt either.
The two factory mags are probably worth about $80 to $100 leaving the price of the gun itself at $ 450 to $470. This seems a little high. Is the Beretta an Italian or US model? The Italian made 92's tend to bring a little more.
The going price for a used Beretta 92's, (plentiful here in Ct.) with hicaps is $399 to $450 depending upon the condition and the shop.
Hope this helps.
Take Care

A little high if you ask me. If it is an Italian made 92F and he came down to $500 I'd say it's a good deal - but still not great. The new US made guns are VERY well made and can be had for around $475 or so down here in Florida.

The two 10 round mags (with a NIB gun) would have been worth a total of $40. $100 for 2 hicaps MINUS $40 for the 2 10 rounders equals $60. So he's offering you around $490 for the gun. Add in the "no paperwork" value if you can get it without a paper trail.

Mention to him that the Berettas that the SEALS cracked were ITALIAN made 92F models. The 92FS models are actually BETTER made pistols.

If the gun is a US made 92F, I'd pass on it and get a new 92FS instead.

Good luck on the negotiations.

Back