Value of m92

PLINKER45

Inactive
I have recently got a Puma/Rossi m92 lever gun that is stainless steel with a 20" barrell that is chambered in 44mag. I have a couple of other lever guns and am thinking about selling this rifle but am not sure about what a good price would be on it. If anyone can shed some light on my question, i would appreciate it. I am working on a couple of other projects so something is going to have to go...

BTW the gun has only been shot about 6 rounds and there is not a scratch on it.

Depending on what era or "brand" (distributor) your Rossi was, look variously under Rossi 92, Puma 92, Interarms (which were Puma), Legacy or LSI (which were Puma), EMF, Hartford (which is EMF) 1892, even Navy Arms 1892 (though fairly rare)--any combination with 1892 or 92. People list them all sorts of ways. I've even seen them listed under Winchester 92 or 1892, then only clarify in the ad's details. "Puma" is a marketing name originally used by Interarms (80s-90s) and adopted by Legacy (LSI) when they took over the banner as Rossi's largest US distributor-importer. But..lots of folks call them "Puma" regardless of who marketed it originally. Generally, a Rossi is a Rossi..., but pre-safety ones in good shape are pretty desirable and sometimes priced accordingly. EMFs generally were trimmed (and sighted) a bit nicer as well, as the scarce Navy Arms guns often are as well.

Note: word to the wise: LSI got out of the Rossi business three or four years ago but kept the "Puma" marketing name for its new line of imported Chiappa (aka Armi Sport) Italian-made 1892s (and 1886s etc)--also marketed by Cimarron and Taylor's w/o the "Puma" name. These are considerably pricier than the Rossis...So, don't go by that pricing!--entirely different guns. Basically, if you see a Puma 1892 by Legacy/LSI and it's much over $600 it is very likely--or should be--one of the Italians..which retail new for much more yet.

Last edited:
Back