Value of M24, M27

Hutch

A friend of a friend is clearing out all (gulp) his firearms and has a blue 3" M24 with what appears to be a round-butt K-frame on it. I vaguely remember these being advertised in SGN by John Jovino (now defunct, I think). Does anyone remember what these went for, pricewise? Anyone care to speculate on what it's worth now, in 95%+ condition, no box or papers, and a Pachmayr grip. Slick trigger. Not a pinned barrel, either.

I posted this in another thread, but thought it might get more attention here: Also being offered is a 3.5" M27 with a set of Pachmayr Bill Jordan signature trooper grips (which are HUGE). It's in similar condition to the M24. Was this variant ever an offering by S&W, or a custom run for one of the big jobbers? What's it worth?

Thanks, all.

Greeting's Hutch:

I can't speak for the S&W model 24; but the 3-1/2" barrel
S&W model 27 in LNIB condition should bring between $300
and $350. If the weapon has the factory nickel finish, then
add approximately 10% more to the final tally. This weapon
was once referred to as "the F.B.I. model" for years
and years; nowday's you very rarely ever see this barrel
length? I always thought this firearm was a bit on the heavy
side; opting for the K-frame S&W model 19/66, in the 2-1/2"
barrel configuration, instead.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Hey Hutch-

The 3 inch M24 is a Lou Horton release from the middle '80s
I believe, hence no P&R. The gun would proly track the
$350 range as Dan mentioned the M27 would. They would BOTH
be worth having . Of course the 27 would be cheaper
to shoot with the .38SPLs but if you handload it would be a moot point....GET BOTH on the pay-as-you-fire plan......best.....dewey

Thanks, guys

Since I have 2 M28's, the M24 is calling louder right now. I don't have another .44spl, so brass would be a minor bother.... Got to give this some thought. There's also a brush-blue finish (like on the M28) M15, too. Do i REALLY want a 4th M15? (muttering as Hutch cudgels his brain)

Back