Value of Colt GM series 70 @ 99%?

MPower

I am at the office, so I don't have my references here.
I have a guy on Email with a 99%+ blued Colt GM Series 70 with one mag, no box and no manual. I wanted one of these to "put away". Anyone know what a going market value is on this. Guy wants $700 delivered.

I know "whats the value?" threads are a pain in the b**t, but I need to make a quick decision on this.

Thanks in advance & Happy Holidays
John

21st Ed. Blue Book on blue GM Series 70: 100%=$725, 98%=$575.

FWIW, The big gun retailer here is getting $699 for each of 3 1991A1's in .38 Super and $1350 for each of the 5 stainless Gold Cup Trophies they received Thursday. Their other prices are similar. (Except for the S & W Performance Center guns with the SALE tags on them!)

John

38 Super 1991

Gawd, I want one of those so bad! I saw in the Blue Book that they didn't mention the 38 Super, but I've heard that it is availble. I've seen the 9milly advertised in Shotgun News though. I just got my second '91 in 45 a few months ago. Just would like to have one in 38 Super now.
Johnbt, what's up with these dang high prices on Colts!? Thats the way it is here too. Our sts. '91s go for around $700 something and the sts Gold Cup is only around $1100-1200. One higher, one lower, go figure. Its still ridiculous! Back in '91 (the year, not the model) I got my first 1991 (the pistol) for only $325!

Back