Value of Browning Superposed 12 guage #87753 s8

Need clear photos. The Browning Superposed was the top of the line shotgun for many years before the newer boutique models like Perrazzi, etc. became famous.

There are about, IIRC, 5 grades of Superposeds. $1000 would be cheap as base models tend to start about $1500 and can go well into the $30K and up range.

Make sure of your date of manufacture, as they had salt wood issues with guns made between 1966 to 1972.

pics

i uploaded 3 pics, but the last two were to large. and it says that i have none that i own. i will try to post these somewhere else.

thanks

You really should repost this in the shotgun forum. There are at least a few die hard Browning guys that post regularly.

sorry, i though that this was the right place.

can you give me a link to the proper forum (my vision is poor).

thanks

Nice gun, like the English stock

Is it a 12 or 20?

If it is a Superlight, they show on Guns International to be running around $3500+.

> Is it a 12 or 20?

it's a 12.

> If it is a Superlight, they show on Guns International to be running around $3500+. ...

not sure what that is, but i don't think so.

thanks

looks like that one was made in 1967.

it does look like mine, but i really don't know as i am not all familiar with shotguns (i am more of a handgun enthusiast).

thanks

Its most certainly worth more than 700 bucks. 1500 to 2000 will be a more realistic local price. I have grown to see that internet prices are always lower than local asking prices. You have a nice shotgun. My father bought a 20 gauge superposed at cabelas for around 2K for an early gun. I love the way they shoulder compared to my other semis and pumps. Except my Ithaca 37s those are by far my favorite shotguns.

If you are selling you need to do some more research. $2K might be right or it could be seriously low. You don't see too many with English stocks.

Its most certainly worth more than 700 bucks.

Like I said, that was what was the bid on an auction gun, that was hours from closing. Often, the final selling price is much higher as buyers wait to place best bids just at the close.

Or he started it at .01 with a hidden reserve about $5K...........I have seen that way too often to be bothered trying to buy stuff from GB, AA or GA any more.

Back