value of an enfield stripped "T" receiver

tahunua001

hello all,
I am in the middle of a dilemma. my brother is in the process of sporterizing an enfield NO4 he got from me. the enfield is nothing special, it's literally a mix master assembled from parts. he wants to D+T the receiver. only problem is, it's a T sniper receiver. now I know the Ts are rare but exactly what would saving the receiver preserve on a rifle with zero matching numbers or parts that has already been sporterized?

the receiver has about 60% finish and the mounting blocks for the scope mount are missing. given this limited information, is there any extra value in a T receiver in this condition or should I might as well just let him finish it off?

I'd hazard to guess it has slightly more value. As to scoping it, I'd get replacement scope mounting pads and a scope mount from SARCO and have them installed (they were screwed and staked into place).

I turned down a job on one No. 4 that needed headspacing work (this would require removing one thread on the shank and the setting back the shank to correct length, chambering for the Go-gauge) and extensive work for a scope to be mounted (someone JB welded the other scope base).

Back