Value of a S&W Model 57-1 .41?

Kevinch

During lunch today I decided to take a short hop to the next town & stopped at a gun shop. Looking over the used revolvers, I spotted this piece.

Blue Model 57-1, 4" barrell, red ramp front sight & adjustable rear. Lockup appears nice & tight, action is smooth. Minor finish wear on the muzzle & frame corners near the trigger guard only. The gun is wearing Pachmayr finger groove grips. This is a nice, used gun.

Can anyone advise what price would make this gun difficult to walk away from? The quoted price was $350, which might be considered fair but doesn't strike me in my "Buy Now!" meter. But, I haven't been looking at revolver prices lately & might be out of touch with reality.

I've always liked S&W revolvers, and a blue .41 would fit nicely between my stainless .357 (Model 686-2) & stainless .44 (Super Blackhawk). But this is the financial crush time of year, & if the price isn't right I'd just as soon let it go.

I'd appreciate some feedback friends - & thanks for taking the time!

Season's Greeting's Kevinch,

A Smith & Wesson blued model 57-1 quite
truly is a relic to behold. The $350
price may be just a tad steep; if it's
not LNIB condition. Of course, minor
wear won't hurt a thing; but I would
make an offer of between $300 and $325.
Still, if your desire is to have this
firearm, you may have to bump your offer
up to the $350.00 mark. Just my opinion,
hope it helps.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

I'd say it was a $250.00 gun, tops. Not recessed cyl. No mention of the wooden box. No original grips. Tho would be my choice, 4" bbl not an easy seller in the big guns.

Really strange, the Model 58, same thing cept with fixed sights and 4" bbl only goes for 150-200 more than same condition 57s.

Sam

Back