Value ? 1903 MARK I Sporterized

mete

I have been thinking of selling a Sporterized 1903 MARK I Springfield but I have to find an idea of it's value. Originally a gunsmithing school [CST ] project with new Douglas barrel and cherry stock with iron sights. Rifle now has less than 100 rounds fired including one deer. All attention was for an accurate [less than 1 MOA ] ,glass bedded. At this point in my life my shooting/hunting has been reduced and I'd like to have someone use the rifle instead of gathering dust . No MARK I 'accessories ' of course . Next time the sun shines I'll take some photos . Post or PM me , thanks.

Same as any other sported '03. About $300 to $500ish.
The barrel anything more than a stock Douglas? Anything 'target' about the irons? Those will make it on the high end. The Mk I adds nothing other than removing all doubt about it being a high S/N.

Similar to my father's deer rifle, except he worked down the military "C" stock and left the GI barrel - dated 42 so it was replaced. I let it get away long ago but always kept a warm spot for it. I guess you know, Julian Hatcher wrote that the MK I, with the double heat treatment, was the slickest action they ever made at Springfield.

Look forward to seeing it. I have a soft spot for sporter 1903's. I have bought them for as little as $150 and as high as $450. If it's nicely done as I figure it is, probably safe to say towards the high end. Hard to judge without a picture or two.

If the sun would finally shine I could take photos , prefering outdoor light .
barrel is a better Douglas [X ?? did they call it ?] Trigger is a Canjar which at that time was one of the best triggers for the Springfield.

Nowadays, I'd not be surprised at a Canjar trigger alone selling for $200. I really regret the end of that company. Fantastic quality. I've had two; one a standard, the other a single-set. "Like breaking a glass rod," for sure.

I agree with the the value of the canjar trigger. It may be worth wild to strip the canjar off, throw a stock trigger in the gun and sell the trigger separately.

Sporterized rifles won't bring much no matter how much you spend but done right they will out shoot anything you can buy off a rack.

Back